Software Product Designer
Product Designers take FBS’s most innovative product concepts and bring them to life.
As a Product Designer, you’ll weave together strong interaction design, visual design, and technical skills. You’ll partner with researchers, product managers, developers, and fellow product designers to define and deliver new features, translate concepts into living, breathing prototypes, and iterate on interactions, animations, and details to deliver pixel-perfect experiences. You’ll be joining a small team of product experts who take design thinking seriously and have experience at some of the biggest firms in tech.
- Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both human and business needs.
- Collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine and evolve the Flexmls design system
- Distill complexity into a clear and coherent experience from start to finish
- Build prototypes to assist in user research, using low- to high-fidelity techniques
- Collaborate daily with product designers, researchers, product managers, and developers.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines.
- Advise front-end engineers on design system implementation best practices.
- Obsessive about beautiful design, details, and strong usability
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills (you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions)
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just “how it should look” but “what we should build”)
- Experience creating, implementing, and evolving design systems and UI component libraries.
- Experience designing, building, and shipping responsive web applications
- Experience working with remote teams
- Body of design work demonstrating strong design process, including both interaction and visual design skills
FBS is the creator of real estate software Flexmls, used worldwide by hundreds of thousands of real estate professionals and millions of their customers. We’re headquartered in Fargo, but our team is spread out across the US. Everyone at FBS is free to live and work in the places they thrive. We’re people-first and 100% employee-owned, so as a co-owner you’ll share in the company’s growth and success. At FBS, you get entrepreneurial energy, innovation, big thinking, and the opportunity to meaningfully shape the future of the company and its products. Collectively, we’ve run a profitable and popular business for 30+ years and we’re excited about the road ahead.
Job Type: Full-time
- CSS: 2 years (Preferred)
- HTML5: 2 years (Preferred)
- Interaction Design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Visual Design: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Required)