1. Flexmls IDX API Requires Permission From the MLS
2. The API Key
To use the API, you must pay for and use for every request an API key and secret (collectively, your “key”) provided by FBS. Only brokers or agents who are active members of the MLS and approved for IDX can use the API and your key is linked to your login to the flexmls Web system, so that if you become inactive or denied system access, the key also will become inactive. You will not share your key or secret with anyone else or enable anyone else to use your key or secret. If you become aware of anyone else using your key, you will notify FBS immediately.
You must pay the annual licensing fee in advance. Within 30 days of your purchase, you can cancel the license for any reason and we’ll refund your full license fee. After 30 business days, the annual license fee is not refundable and you accept the service as is. The license will renew automatically each year on the anniversary of the purchase, unless you let us know 30 days in advance that you don’t want the license to renew.
3. Flexmls WordPress Plugin and the API
The flexmls IDX API powers the widgets in the flexmls IDX WordPress Plugin (the “Plugin”), which currently includes an IDX slideshow widget, market stats widget, IDX search widget, 1-click searches widgets, and a contact me widget. The Plugin is available for download from WordPress.org. Use of the Plugin requires that you have a valid API key and be an active subscriber to FBS’s flexmls IDX 2.o service.
4. Using the API to Enhance Your Web Sites
You may only use the API to enhance IDX Web Sites, as defined above.
5. API Location, Versions and Other API Usage Requirements and Limitations
- The API will be made available at http://api.flexmls.com or another URL FBS may designate.
- FBS may release subsequent versions of the API and require you to use the most recent version. If new versions are not compatible with previous implementations, FBS will do its best to notify you and maintain the prior version for a reasonable time for you to adopt the newer version. However, you understand and agree there may be breaking changes FBS is required to make to the API.
- Except for Your Data, you may present API Data only on a transactional basis and you will not store results from the API except for temporary caching purposes.
- You may not retain any copies of API Data. Your license to API Data is limited to making direct server calls to api.flexmls.com for API Data and to distributing API Data to your end user on your Web site(s) immediately upon receipt by your servers.
- You may not present the API Data (or permit API Data to be presented) so that it appears to be available from a third party Web site.
- You further agree not to otherwise reproduce, modify, distribute, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any portion of the API or the API Data.
- You may not use the API in a manner that exceeds reasonable request volume, constitutes excessive or abusive usage, or otherwise fails to comply or is inconsistent with any part of the API documentation located within /developers (or other URL specified by FBS from time to time), as determined by FBS in its sole discretion.
- FBS may rate limit the API at any time and in its sole discretion.
6. Acceptable Use
You agree not to use the API or API Data in any way that is unlawful, or harms the MLS, FBS, its service providers, its suppliers, your end users, or any other person. Further, FBS may terminate your use of the API and API Data if and when FBS determines that your use is inappropriate.
7. Limited Relationship
9. NO WARRANTY
FBS PROVIDES THE API AND API DATA “AS IS,” “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, AND EFFORT IS WITH YOU. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FBS AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. FBS AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS, STATUTORY AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION (A) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, ACCURACY, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NO ENCUMBRANCES, NO LIENS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE, AND (C) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE ACCESS OR USE.
10. LIABILITY LIMITATION; EXCLUSIVE REMEDY
11. Intellectual Property
The API is the property of FBS, and subject to the intellectual property rights of FBS and its licensors. © 2011 Financial Business Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
FBS may change, suspend or discontinue the API and suspend or terminate your use of the API or API Data at any time for any reason, without notice. If FBS terminates your access to the API without cause, FBS will refund any fee you paid FBS on a pro rata basis for the year. You may also terminate by ceasing to use the API and API Data, removing implementation of the API from your Web site(s), and deleting all copies of the API Data except Your Data.
14. Choice of Law; Disputes