Market Research Analyst
We are looking for a Market Research Analyst to help as we explore the potential benefits and costs of business opportunities. The successful market researcher will be able to autonomously research, collect, and analyze qualitative and quantitative data, trends, strategies and competition aiming at increasing competitiveness. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams, initiating research and evaluation of business opportunities that help deliver on our company’s vision and strategy.
You must possess a unique blend of excellent research skills and business knowledge, while building an understanding of the organized real estate market.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Collect data on consumers, competitors and market place and consolidate information into actionable items, reports and presentations
- Understand business objectives and design surveys to discover prospective customers’ preferences
- Compile and analyze statistical data using modern and traditional collection methods
- Perform valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Use online market research and catalogue findings to databases
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales and methods of operation
- Evaluate program methodology and key data to ensure that data on the releases are accurate and the angle of the release is correct
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties researches and implement best practices
- Prepare sales forecasts and/or business models
- Collaborate with leaders in all areas of the company to drive understanding and solid evaluation of an opportunity
- Maintain and build real estate industry knowledge and technology trends by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Excellent research, planning, strategic analysis and project management skills
- Ability to interpret large amounts of data and to multi-task
- Familiar with on-line survey methodologies, statistical analysis and spreadsheets
- Problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be resilient, detailed and creative
- Self-starter, driven by personal and corporate initiatives
- Be able to handle demands, targets, guidelines, and high stress situations
- Have excellent networking and business acquisition skills
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- BS degree in Statistics, Marketing or related field
- Experience in real estate industry
- Comfortable working in a remote capacity if you are not located in Fargo, ND
Here at FBS, our software products drive our success. In fact, we’re one of the top three vendors in the world for MLS software and growing fast. Hiring the best and the brightest means we pay competitively, have strong healthcare benefits, provide a professional-yet-casual, resource-rich working environment and enjoy the freedom to be individuals who work together towards common goals. Your peers aren’t co-workers, they’re owners; FBS is 100% employee owned. That means each of them earn company stock in addition to their salaries for maintaining the company’s growth and success. There’s no bureaucracy and no red tape; just a solid team of experts who love coming to work, getting things done and making customers happy every day.
At FBS, you get entrepreneurial energy, innovation and big thinking: deadlines to beat, challenges to conquer, and emerging technology to chase without the volatility, uncertainty and risk of a start-up. As an owner at FBS, you actually do get out what you’ve put in. If you are looking for a place where your creativity, knowledge and expertise will be appreciated and rewarded in a team of passionate, intelligent and fun folks, we encourage you to apply.