Searching on the Map
To narrow your search on the map, you may define search shapes
(rectangles, circles, and polygons) where you would like to look
for listings. To remove a search area, locate the shape in
the search criteria panel, and click on the blue X next to the
- To create a rectangular search area, click on the
rectangle shape, then click on the map to define one corner of
your rectangle. Move your mouse until the rectangle is the
desired size, and click again to complete the shape.
- To create a circular search area, click on the
circle shape, then click on the map to set the center of your
search. Move your mouse to increase the radius of the search
from that center point, click again to complete the circle.
- To create an irregular-shaped search area, click on
the polygon in your Search Areas box, then click on the map to
define the first corner of your polygon. Click to define the
remaining search boundaries. Your polygon can have as many
points as you need to define your search area. Double-click to
complete your polygon.
- Multiple Search Shapes - When using multiple search
shapes, you may choose if you would like to search only the
intersection of those shapes by placing a check in the box
Moving the Map
- Pan – The Pan Tool is the default tool selection when
you enter flexmls Mapping. Using the Pan Tool, you may move
the map in any direction. To use the Pan Tool, click and hold,
and move the map in any direction. When you release the mouse
button, the map will stop moving.
- Navigation Arrows – By using the arrow buttons above
the zoom bar, you may move the map in the direction indicated
by the arrow.
- Keyboard Pan - You may use the arrow keys on your
keyboard to pan the map in small increments. The Up, Down,
Left, and Right arrow keys all work independently, or you may
move diagonally by holding two keys together, such as Left and
To adjust the zoom level to display a larger or smaller area, you
have four options:
- Scroll Wheel – if your mouse is equipped with a
scroll wheel, scrolling will increase or decrease the zoom
level, centering the map at the cursor point.
- Double-Click – double-click at a point on the map to
zoom and center at that location.
- Zoom Bar – to maintain the current map center but
adjust the magnification, use the zoom bar in the upper left
corner of the mapping screen. Click the + or - buttons to move
the zoom level up or down.
- Zoom Tool – The green plus sign is your Zoom Tool.
Click on the green plus sign to select the Zoom Tool, which
then changes the cursor to an arrow with a question mark.
While the Zoom Tool is selected, you may click once to
re-center the map at the click location, or you may click,
hold, and release to draw a zoom area.
Next to the search shape tools, the Nosy Neighbor tool allows
you to click on a point on the map to bring up listing
information. The parcel dimensions, where available, will
display, and a mini listing history. Click on the link marked
Select to place one of the historical listings on your selected
tab. Click on the listing number to view its listing report in a
Map Display Buttons
Back/Forward Buttons – Similar to your
web browser, flexmls Mapping includes buttons to move between
displays. If you would like to revert to the previous mapping
zoom level or focus, click the back button (left arrow). From
there, you may return to the most recent zoom level or focus by
clicking the forward button (right arrow).
Display all Points on Map – Click the
button in between the Back/Forward buttons to return to the
initial map view where all plotted points are visible. This tool
is handy if you have moved the map to a point where you have
Use the Measuring tool to measure distances on the map. Select
the tool, click once on the map to begin measuring, move the
mouse to the first point you’d like to measure. You may continue
measuring segments on the map by repeating the process. Double
click to clear the current measurements and begin again.
In the lower right corner of the mapping screen, click the color
wheel icon to bring up the color legend. The initial view of the
color legend will display different colored dots that correspond
to the statuses of the properties that are plotted on the map.
Click on the drop-down arrow to change the colored listing dots to
display graded colors to show the listings by Price or by
Price/Square Foot. This feature allows you to visually track price
trends among mapped listings.
Click on the pushpin icon to locate a point on the map. If the
address is found immediately, the point will appear as a pushpin
on the map. If there are multiple possible matches, you will be
presented with a list of matching locations to choose from. If no
locations match your search criteria, you will be given the option
to edit the address that you are searching for, or manually locate
the location on the map.
Click on the drop-down list in the upper right corner of the map
tab to view available overlays. You may choose if you would like
to hide the listing icons or drawn shapes on your map. For
example, you may choose to hide Drawn Shapes from the map. This
hides, but does not remove the shapes as earch criteria.
Using the menu options on the left of the page you may view the
- News Feed – The News Feed contains listings that have
been sent to you via subscription updates.
- Saved Listings – Use the star icon to mark a listing
as a favorite and put it in your Saved collection.
- Hidden by Me – Use the Hide icon to remove a listing
from your news feed and saved searches.
- Recommended Listings – If your agent recommends a
listing, it will appear in the recommended collection.
- Hidden by Agent – If your agent removes a listing
from your news feed and saved searches, it will still be
viewable in this collection.
- Saved Searches – Any saved searches will appear under
the name of the search. Click on a search to view the
up-to-date listings it contains.
- Manually Emailed Listings – Any listings your agent
has sent to you manually will appear under the emails subject
Using the menu options at the upper right corner of your Portal
page, you may:
- Go to the portal dashboard by clicking My Account
and selecting Dashboard,
- Manage whether your email address is confirmed to receive
subscription updates by
- clicking My Account and selecting E-mail
- Contact your agent about a listing by clicking the Contact
- or, Log Out of your portal by clicking Log Off.
Click the blue Actions button on the currently
highlighted listing, and you may:
- Contact your agent about the listing by clicking Contact,
- Contact your agent to request a showing by clicking Request
- Share the current listing or selected listings with others
over e-mail, or to a variety of social networking sites by
- Print listing information by clicking Print,
- Compose or view messages about the listing by clicking Messages,
- Make private notes about the listing by clicking Listing